- There are many different strategies for (spray-) cooling and lubricant application used by process owners in casting industries.
- The AED Flextool technology offers a wide operational range, which already covers the majority of process setups.
- For MQS-applications AED has invented “DELTASPEED”- max. performance and precision.
- DELTASPEED in combination with Flextool nozzles is representing a hybrid technology designed for high performance in cases where MQ-Spraying and spray cooling is desired
Volume of Release Agent „Required“ (MQS Strategy)
- For 1 m² of die surface and a targeted layer thickness of 1 to 5 μm a volume of ~ 1 to 5 ml of release agent (100% active ingredients) is needed - assuming a high application efficiency.
- A thin (<<3μm) but smooth and even layer of release agent is necessary!
- Accurate and consistent dosing is key!
Typical Spraying Volumes for Bigger Dies (Industrial Standard)
- The diagram is showing typical spraying volumes for different spraying strategies
- MQS spraying is a significant step towards very small quantities – see ‘point’ 5 ml